When you click the “Recognize & Save” button in Readiris, you get the following error:
“Word cannot open this document. The document might be in use, the document might not be a valid Word document, or the file name might contain invalid characters…”
The name of your scanner contains a “/”, for example “Epson Workforce/BX305Plus” and the scanner name is begin placed in the document file name where ”/” is a disallowed character.
- In Readiris, on the top menu click Settings, then Text Format.
- Check the “Ask file name and location” checkbox as shown below:
- Click OK.
- Press cmd + Q to Quit Readiris.
- You will be asked if you want to change the default settings. Click Yes.
- Now when you click Recognize & Save in Readiris, you will be asked to specify a file name. Change this as the default name will generate the same error you received previously.