When you open Outlook you get the following message:
“The Add-in “Kaspersky Mail Checker” cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook”.
The easiest way to fix this error is to disable the Add-in altogether. If you don’t wish to use it or have uninstalled Kaspersky and still receive this message then do the following:
- Open Outlook 2007.
- Go to Tools -> Trust Center -> Add-Ins
- At the bottom of the menu you’ll see “Manage”
- Select “Exchange Client Extensions” in the drop down box
- Select “Go”
- Uncheck the “Kaspersky Mail Checker”
- Click OK.
If you would like to keep the Add-in then follow these instructions:
- Close Outlook.
- Click the Start button (Windows XP users should then click Run).
- Type the following: (Change the path names depending on your version)
regsvr32 -u “C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\mcou.dll”
- Then do the same again, except this time type:
regsvr32 “C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\mcou.dll”