When you delete files or drag them to the Trash can, you are asked to input your password. After doing so, the file has been deleted but the Trash appears to be empty.
- Go to the Applications folder.
- Open the Utilities folder.
- Open Terminal.
- In the Terminal window type the following and press Enter:
sudo rm -rfv ~/.Trash
- You will need to enter your password and press Enter.
- It won’t show any characters when you type.
- If you do not have a password then set one first.
mkdir -v ~/.Trash