When you are trying to activate Office 2010 you receive a message saying “An unspecified error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later. (0x8007000D)”.
It is also advisable to check to see if Device Manager is unable to load (at this point, it should not display any devices but instead show a blank window).
This is caused by a registry error or an operating system issue.
- Download Subinacl from the link below:
- Run and install the Subinacl.msi file into the C drive.
(Should be the default install location when you run the file)
- Once you have installed this successfully, right click on the link below and click Save Target As / Save Link As to download it: Office 2010 Activation Fix Batch File.
- Go to the folder where you downloaded the batch file. Right click on the file and click “Run as administrator”. Click Yes or Continue to proceed if prompted.
- If using Windows XP then you can run the file normally while logged in as an administrator user.
- Once done, the Command Prompt will say “Press any key to continue”. Do this and the window will close.
Office will now activate and Device Manager should now display the devices correctly.