If you have deleted Google from your default search engine in Google Chrome then you will need to re-add this back by following the instructions below:
- Right click on the address bar at the top and select “Edit search engines…”
- In the “Other search engines” table, scroll down to the bottom (depending on how many alternative search engines you have) until you see the option to “Add a new search engine”
- Type in the following details:
- Name – Google
- Keyword – Google.com
- URL - Copy and paste the text below:
- Scroll to the right of your new search engine and select “Make Default”
You receive the following error message when launching Read&Write 11
“There has been a problem with the activation of Read&Write 11. Please contact technical support using ‘support information’ link.”
Issue occurred with the activation process.
- Make sure you have closed Read and write (including any error messages that may be displayed).
- Navigate to the texthelp folder in root of C drive.
- Delete the file named “rwl.dat”.
- Re-launch Read&Write 11.
- Fill in the activation details and follow the on-screen instructions to set up read and write.
When unzipping a file in OS X rather than unzipping the files it creates a new file with extensions like filename.zip.cpgz.
This is a wonderful quirk of zips and compressions. This can be caused by a corrupted file from the download site or an incomplete download, or simply an unrecognized type of compression.
- Right click the zip file and select ‘open with’ there should be one or two options available ‘stuffit expander‘ and ‘archive utility‘ try both of these. If you’re still out of luck continue…
- Download a different zip program, www.kekaosx.com. Install and try from step 1 again.
- If that still doesn’t work then try the terminal solution.
- Open up your ‘Terminal‘ app (‘cmd + space‘ and type ‘terminal‘) once that is loaded type “unzip ” then drag the zip file onto the terminal window and press enter.
- Your zip file should be located in your user folder (cmd + shft + h in finder)
- (Optional) Type “open .” to open the folder in ‘Finder‘.
Inspiration 9 will not accept the activation code after the first installation or when trying to download the Inspiration 9.2 updater.
Update to the latest version:
When you place the cursor in Word and press play Claro will not read the live text and instead reverts to reading whatever was previously on the clipboard.
This issue is to do with the two programs operating on different permissions levels and/or may relate to problems with the Microsoft Office Word installation, which may need repairing.
Firstly repair the installation of Microsoft Word to ensure there are no issues here.
Follow these steps:
1. Hold down the “Windows” logo key and press “R”.
2. Now type “control” in the box and press “enter”. This will take you to “Adjust your computer’s settings”.
3. Now choose Programs>Programs & Features. Find and highlight Microsoft Office or Microsoft Word in the list and choose “change” and then press “repair”.
4. If there is a choice between “quick repair” and “online repair” then choose “quick repair”. This should be sufficient in most cases.
5. To change these settings, right-click on the program icon and go to the “Compatibility” tab.
6. Untick the “Run in compatibility mode” box and also untick the ”Run as administrator” box.
7. Apply these settings and close the window. Now start both programs with their respective icons.