When creating a profile for Dragon Naturally speaking 4 wireless edition with the Savi go 100 headset, profile creation does not show the option for a wireless headset.
This is often caused due to the headset being paired to the Mac’s on-board Bluetooth adapter, as opposed to the provided Plantronics BT 300 dongle.
This means that the Apple Mac will show the headset in the system sound option, although dragon will not be able to read the device.
The first and best solution is to not pair the headset to the Mac’s on board Bluetooth, instead use the provided BT 300 Dongle.
If the device has been paired to the Mac then follow these instructions to pair the device back to the BT 300 dongle.
- Unplug the dongle.
- Set the headset into pairing mode. to do this. Make sure the headset is switched off and then hold the volume up switch until the headset flashes blue and red (pairing mode).
- Re-insert the dongle into the mac and wait until both the dongle and headset shows a steady blue light (may flash).
- At the point this happens restart your Mac.
Once you have paired the device back to the dongle Launch Dragon Dictate and create a new profile.
When selecting the microphone device select Plantronics BT 300 from the menu.
Your wireless Savi 100 should now work.
This guide covers the basic usage of Microsoft Security Essentials on the Windows 7 platform.
Locating Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)
MSE can be found in your system tray and is an Icon that looks like a Castle. In the event that you cannot find the Taskbar icon try looking in hidden items, the small arrow pointing upwards, clicking this will show any hidden items in your Taskbar.
Microsoft Security Essentials has 3 states.
Green: All is OK and your system is protected.
Amber: the System needs attention as something needs to be done. Usually A scan or an update.
Red: Something has gone wrong, you have a possible viral threat or MSE is not working. This requires you to do something with MSE.
Updating your antivirus is very important, as new virus definitions (The code that recognise viral behaviour and how to get rid of a virus) are updated as soon as a virus is discovered. This is a daily occurrence with new viruses coming to market every day.
To update Microsoft Security Essentials simply open the interface, as described above, then click the update tab and then click the button marked update.
One simple way to find out if MSE has detected a virus on your computer is to do the following:
- Open MSE as shown at the beginning of this user guide.
- Click the Home Screen and select “Full Scan” then click “Scan Now”.
You use Dragon Naturally Speaking and have multiple user profiles. Dragon prompts you to ask which profile to load every time you start Dragon, and you rather set a default profile to load every time.
Create a shortcut to launch Dragon and change the “Target” to use the “/user” command switch.
- Right click on the desktop and select “New” then “Shortcut”.
- Navigate to ”C:\Program Files\Nuance\NaturallySpeakingXX\Program\”.
- Select “natspeak.exe” then click “OK”.
- Click “Next” then click “Finish”.
- Next you need to edit the shortcut and add the command.
- Right click on the newly created shortcut and click “properties”.
- In the properties dialog box make sure you are on the “Shortcut” Tab.
- In the shortcut tab under “Target” you will need to add.
/user “<Profile Name>”.
To the end of whatever is already there. (note speech marks around the profile name. also replace <Profile Name> with the name of the dragon profile you wish to load.
- Click “Apply then click “OK”.
Now try your new short cut out by double clicking.
Remember you can add this shortcut to startup so that dragon automatically launches when windows starts AND now loads your profile automatically.
When starting your system you may experience the following error:
“Could not load file or assembly ’MOM.Implementation’ or its dependencies.”
This is caused when some file are missing or corrupt within AMD/ATI graphics driver.
- Uninstall AMD/ATI catalyst centre and drivers.
- Computer -> Uninstall or change a program.
- Find ATI Catalyst center.
- Click remove.
- Remove any files left behind from the uninstall.
- Download and install the latest driver from http://www.amd.com/en-us/markets/game/downloads
When using the prediction function in read and write gold the predictions being mad are obscure or completely incorrect. also the title of the prediction window show double letter, for example you type “Predict” the title displays “PPrreeddiicctt”.
Another application that monitor keystrokes may be installed (this issue was originally reported when Global Autocorrect was installed and running).
Turn off the second keystroke monitoring application.
In this case simply exiting Global Autocorrect resolved the issue.