The issue is that Sonority will not work on Mac and the download for the file cannot be obtained from the Olympus Website.
This has been confirmed with OM Digital that since Olympus have split their operations with OM Digital that the Sonority software is no longer supported or provided for the time being.
The developer has taken the decision of removing the product and no longer supporting the product in it’s entirety.
The developer may at some other point decide to either re-instate the software or to create a new software. This will be entirely at the developers discretion.
Nuance, The developers for Dragon Dictate for mac, Ceased the development and support for this product some time ago.
The cessation was in line with OSX 10.13.x and there are no plans for Nuance, at this time, to re-enter this situation.
The workaround for this issue is to use the apple in-built dictation software’s.
Keyboard working fine. After restarting and updating your machine the keyboard no longer functions on your Device.
Keyboard driver is not the default windows PS2 driver. This can sometime result from a windows or manufacturer update.
- Right click “PC”
- Click “Manage”
- Click “Device Manager”
- Click the arrow next to “Keyboard”
- You may see the Keyboard with an exclamation mark next to it. If so Right click the Keyboard device.
- Click “Uninstall”
- If a checkbox appears stating “delete Device driver software” tick this ox.
- Close all open dialogue boxes
- Restart window.
Upon restarting windows the keyboard will start functioning.
Cursor is on screen but does it does not respond to you touching the touchpad.
This is a fairly common issue and thankfully is quite easy to resolve.
Quite often this is is due to the touchpad being switched off by a function key. Finding the correct key on the F# keys can help (Lenovo V130 for example this is the F6 key).
Another way is to restart your system as the driver may have malfunctioned if the system has been on for an extended amount of time (typically over 3 or 4 days).
This should be sufficient for the system to reset the driver and get the touchpad working again.
With the advent of the 2004 Windows update Microsoft have been focused on making thins easier for end users whilst also trying to make sure that security of computers is still as high as possible.
To make things easier they have gone for the option to make windows passwordless where possible. This includes using methods such as Bio metrics (Facial Recognition, fingerprint (both reliant on hardware attached or built into the device) and pin.
To find out more follow the below instruction.
- Click “start” (Windows Button)
- Click “Settings” (The gear icon)
- Click “Accounts”
- On the left click “Sign in Options”
Options you will find here include:
- “Windows Hello Face” which is facial recognition.
- “Windows Hello Fingerprint” which is fingerprint recognition.
- “Windows Hello Pin” this is a pin that is linked to your password and you create.
- “Security Key” This one is a hardware key that stores your user credentials. this can be highly secure and some company also use this to create a secure connection to a VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- “Password” The good old and traditional windows password we are all familiar with.
- Finally you can use “Picture password” and this can be your favourite image as your password.