When scanning from a Canon Multifunction printer on a Mac, you get the following error:
“Printer is in use or an error has occurred. Check the status. Scanner driver will be closed.”
You may also get an error code like this: 2,140,21
- Turn off the device.
- Click the Apple icon in the top left.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click Print & Fax.
- Click any instances of the Printer & Scanner in the list and click the – button to remove them.
- Go to your main hard drive, usually Macintosh HD.
- Navigate to /Library/Image Capture/Devices and remove all files named after the scanner.
- Navigate to /Library/Image Capture/TWAIN Data Sources and remove all files named after the scanner.
- Reinstall the device from the install disc or drivers from Canon’s website.