When you open Photoshop on your Mac, you may get the following error:
Which is then followed by another error:
“Could not initialize Photoshop because the preferences file was invalid (it has been deleted).”
This is caused by corrupt preference files.
Select the tab below with your operating system:
- Go to your home folder.
- Go to your User Library folder.
If you are unable to see your User Library folder, please follow this post
- Go to the Preferences folder.
- Delete the “Adobe Photoshop CS5 Settings” (or similar name) folder.(Folder name may differ depending on what version you have)
- Click the Start button (Windows XP users should then click Run).
- Type %appdata% and press Enter.
- Open the Adobe folder.
- Open the Adobe Photoshop CS5 (or similar name) folder.
- Delete the “Adobe Photoshop CS5 Settings” (or similar name) folder.