In your home folder, you notice that there is no longer a Library folder.
This is the default setting by design in Mac OS X Lion.
To get your Library folder back:
- Go to your Applications folder.
- Go to the Utilities folder.
- Double click on Terminal.
- Select all the text in the box below and press cmd + C to Copy.
chflags nohidden ~/Library
- In the Terminal window press cmd + V or click Edit > Paste (on the top menu).
- Press Enter.
To revert back to the default setting change “nohidden” to “hidden” in Step 4.
- Go to your Home folder (cmd + shft + h).
- Go to the folder options (cmd + j).
- Tick option for “Show Library Folder”.