On your computer, your browser homepage shows content from “Genieo” and you wish to remove it. You may have installed this accidentally.
- Go to your Applications folder.
- Run the “Uninstall Genieo” application.
- If it is not there, then Download the uninstaller and run it.
- Click Yes to confirm uninstall.
- Another message will appear. Click OK. You can then ignore the survey that may appear.
- In Safari, on the top menu go to Safari -> Preferences.
- Click the General tab at the top (if it is not already selected.
- Next to “Homepage”, type in your preferred website (e.g. http://www.apple.com)
- Click the Extensions tab at the top.
- If it is not there, then you can skip to the last step.
- In the left column, click on My Personal Homepage (name may be truncated).
- Once again, if you don’t see it then you can skip to the last step.
- Then to the right of it, click the Uninstall button.
- Click the Uninstall button to confirm.
- Restart the computer.
If you still experience problems, try downloading and running this uninstaller:
Uninstall Genieo (dmg)