You receive the following error when opening a link/hyper-link in outlook 2010/ 2007
“This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.”
The default browser has been changed from IE to another application. and corrupt some registry entries.
- Close outlook and any web browsers you may have open.
- [toggle_content_compact title="Open an elevated command prompt window"]
- Click Start and type “CMD”
- Right click the “Cmd.exe” icon
- Click “Run as administrator”
- In the dialogue box that appears click “Yes”[/toggle_content_compact]
- Type the following commands line by line into the command prompt window[code]REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.htm /ve /d htmlfile /f
REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.html /ve /d htmlfile /f
REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.shtml /ve /d htmlfile /f
REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.xht /ve /d htmlfile /f
REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.xhtml /ve /d htmlfile /f
- Open Outlook and try again.