When ripping music you get one of the following errors:
“Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.”
“Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropiate permission to access the item.”
Check to make sure your library paths are correct.
- In Windows Media Player go to: Tools -> Options… (you may need to press Alt to show the menu)
- Click the “Rip Music” tab.
- Under Rip music to this location you should see a path to the location of where your Ripped music will be stored.
- If this is blank it will cause the error. To change it, click the “Change…” button.
If this does not work try the following:
- Close Window Media Player
- Start > Computer
- In the left hand pane under Libraries Right click on “Music” then click Properties.
- Click “Include a folder…”
- Navigate to a folder where you want to store all your music and click the “include folder” button.
- You should now see this path in the Library locations:
- Select the path you have just added. Click the “Set save location” button
- Click OK.
Try running Windows Media Player again and rip your CD this should resolve your problem.
Otherwise try removing media player in “turn window features on or off”, restarting and adding it back on.