You try to print and receive the message: “Print Spooler Error 1053”.
You may also get the following message if you attempt to restart the Print Spooler service:
“Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner.”
- Click the Start button.
- Type services.exe press Enter.
- Once the Services window appears, look for “Print Spooler” and double click on it.
- Click on the Log On tab and uncheck the checkbox “Allow service to interact with desktop” and click OK.
- Click on the General tab.
- Click on the Start button.
- Once the service has started, you can click OK and close Services.